The "Standard of Ur" from ancient Mesopotamia
18 March 2009
Fabulous Blog award
Barbara Martin nominated me for the "Your Blog is Fabulous" award. Thank you, Barbara! I'm glad you've enjoyed my postings.
Part of accepting the award is to point out five things I am obsessed with and cannot live without. I'm also supposed to nominate five other fabulous blogs for the award.
My five obsessions are:
1. Dark chocolate. Truly the food of the gods. My current favorite is Ghiradelli nonpareils.
2. Books. I've been an obsessive reader since I was a child. I love not just the stories in them but the smell of the ink and paper and the feel of the cover. My favorite genres are fantasy, science fiction, mystery, historical fiction, history, and biography.
3. Herbs. One of the first things I do when I move to a new house is to put in an herb garden. I enjoy choosing and using fresh herbs when I cook.
4. Cats. I am currently without one for one of the few times in my life.
5. Creating. Some writers are driven to write. I'm driven to create. Other than writing, my main creative outlets are playing music, cooking, and quilting, but I've toyed with all kinds of crafts.
It's hard to choose only five people from among the many wonderful blogs I read. My choices are five that in the past year have expanded my reading horizons or helped me be a better writer.
❇ Lisa Kenney of Eudaemonia
❇ Charles Gramlich of Razored Zen
❇ Julianne Douglas of Writing the Renaissance
❇ Steve Malley of Full Throttle or F**k It
❇ Carleen Brice of White Readers Meet Black Authors