My friend Lisa at Eudaemonia tagged me for the Six Unremarkable Quirks meme. Here are the rules:
- Link the person who tagged you.
- Mention the rules in your blog.
- Tell about six unspectacular quirks of yours.
- Tag six bloggers by linking them.
- Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger's blogs letting them know they've been tagged.
1. I detest making phone calls. Sometimes, my furnace doesn’t get checked for the winter because I put off making the call until air-conditioner weather. I rarely do reporting anymore because I have such a hard time getting myself to call the interviewees. I’ll probably never get to travel with Dr. Who because I don’t voluntarily go into phone booths.
2. If no music is playing, I hum. Constantly. It drives me up a wall. My husband has never mentioned it, let alone complained—what a gem he is!
3. When I play music in 4/4 time, I play the fourth beat too early unless I’m playing with a metronome or an ensemble containing enough strong personalities that I follow their lead instead of vice versa. This habit, too, drives me crazy.
4. Television as background noise is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me. Whenever I check into a hospital, I always ask for a television-free room, but as yet have had no luck getting one. In doctor and car-repair shop waiting rooms, I sit as far as I can from the infernal thing and sometimes turn it off when no one is looking. In our bedroom, we have what my husband calls a “marital aid”—a set of TV headphones that allows him to watch television to his heart’s content without my hearing it.
5. I can write in reverse like Leonardo da Vinci. (But not in Italian.) I can also read upside-down text—a useful skill when one is sitting across the desk from someone. Probably not coincidentally, like Leonardo, I’m lefthanded.
6. I have to chew on something as I write. Agatha Christie was lucky; she had the same urge, but healthy, low-cal apples satisfied it. Before my mouth contained orthodontia, I chewed gum. Now, my mouth fixation of choice is chocolate. Warning: Do not try this at home unless you enjoy spending time in the dentist’s chair.
Now it’s someone else’s turn to reveal her or his quirks. I’m tagging:
- Sphinx Ink
- Michele at Michele’s Writing Corner
- Farrah Rochon
- Rae Ann Parker
- Sidney Willams
- Christee at Electric Waistbands