I've been away from blogging for some time, yet Blogger tells me that my blog received 75 hits today. Thank you, whoever you are, who keeps coming over to see whether I have anything new up yet....although I fear you're a programming error in Blogger.
That's okay. Everyone is welcome to visit, programming errors included.
|red blood cells|
- Eric Reynolds, the wonderful owner and publisher of Hadley Rille Books, had a stroke a week ago. He survived and is in an excellent hospital for stroke patients. He has movement in both legs and arms, and before he was sedated to help him heal faster, he could respond to commands, all excellent signs. Please join me and other HRB authors and readers in wishing him a swift recovery.
- I spoke to Eric about Ice Magic, Fire Magic the day before his stroke. (As you may be aware, publication has been delayed several times for various reasons.) He has been one of my editors for Ice Magic, Fire Magic. We decided to publish it in May. With Eric's stroke, however, the publication date is up in the air again. Terri-Lynne DeFino and other HRB editors and authors are stepping up to the plate to do as much as possible to move work along so that Eric will have less catching up to do.
- I've been increasingly ill since fall with an anemia of unknown cause. I'm seeing a hematologist Friday, and I hope to have answers that day or soon. Then I hope to get back to more regular posting, among many other tasks that have fallen by the wayside. One of the first posts will be for my chronic illness series; I will talk about all the mistakes I made in dealing with this anemia so that other people will know better.
- I'll be reading from my forthcoming Claimed by the Enemy and signing in Orange County on Monday evening, 14 April. For more details, visit my News page.
- Wednesday the 12th, I'll post an interview with paranormal romance, fantasy, and science fiction author Ann Gimpel.
Illustration credit: Drawing from Anatomy and Physiology, Connexions Web site. http://cnx.org/content/col11496/1.6/, Jun 19, 2013. This file is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported license.