For the next six weeks, graduates and friends of the Clarion Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers' Workshop will be raising money to support Clarion, a workshop that has produced many well-known writers, primarily in the sf/f genre. Clarion grads include two of my own Clarion teachers—Robert Crais and Kim Stanley Robinson—as well as notables such as Tobias Bucknell, Octavia Butler, Ted Chiang, Cory Doctorow, Gregory Frost...and on and on through the alphabet.
During the Write-a-Thon, you can support the Clarion workshop—and ensure its continued production of awesome sf/f writers—in any of several ways.
- Sign up as a writer and collect pledges and donations in your name. The process is simple, and making public your writing-related goals for the summer is a great motivator to actually work on and complete your projects. Interested? Learn more or sign up here.
- Donate directly to Clarion. Go here and click on the green button.
- Sponsor me and my summer project. My project for the Write-a-Thon is to finish a major revision of a novel and then go through it again, revising even more and polishing. To make a pledge or donation in support of my revisions, sign up here. Everyone who contributes at least $10 receives a token of my appreciation.
- Sponsor writers you know or admire who are participating in the Write-a-Thon. The list of writers who have signed up is here. You can click on each person's name to find out something about them and what project they are doing during the Write-a-Thon. If you want to support several writers, Clarion has made the process simple. Start here.
- Buy Clarion swag. Go here and here to find teeshirts, mugs, hats, and other stuff.
- No time? No money? Spread the word through your social media: blogs, Websites, Twitter accounts, Facebook page, or whatever else you do. You can grab some cool Write-a-Thon badges here.
Thank you for reading this post and for helping Clarion in any way you can.
Definitely a worthy cause!
Post a Comment